Friday, October 30, 2009

Case Manager - Hiding Sections

From Cee Harrelson- Touro University Clinical Skills Center

Q: I need to
remove a "Pilot" Section from the student view when they access their skill reports. Can it be done? I'd like to not lose that data (the Pilot section) but I don't want it in the skill report for the students.

A: In Case Manager, edit the Pilot Section, and select the "Hidden" checkbox. When a section is hidden, you (as an admin, or report reviewer faculty) will be able to still see the section in reports, but it will not be displayed for learners.

Depending on how you want the scoring to be presented, the "affects case total" and "affects skill area total" checkboxes for the section determine whether the score of the hidden section affects the case and/or skill area total scores in reports. Note though: if there is a reported comment item in the section, and the "affect skill area total" checkbox is selected, the reported comment item will be displayed in the Comments Report regardless of its hiddenness.

No comments:

Post a Comment