Thursday, December 31, 2009

User Manager - Search

From Matt Koss- Clinical Skills Assessment Program, Michigan State University

Q: My SP Coordinator wants to know all of the SPs that worked for us in 2009.

Is there an easy way to search this in WebSP? Once I have all the names I will need to pull their addresses as well ("Happy New Year & Thank you for the past year" cards).

A: Yes; however, the way I'm about to suggest I still consider to be 'work', but I would argue that this solution is less work than any alternative.

Step 1 - Creating a list of SPs

In User Manager, create a New Group, ie. "Worked in '09".

Click Save.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click "Search"

Select the SP radiobutton. Check "Activity" box

Type in the name of events that you ran in the year 2009, ie. "CSA".*

Click Search

Select the SPs (checkboxes remain checked when moving through to the next page of hits") and click "Add Selected"**

Repeat steps 6 and 7 with other events, M3 FM

When complete, Click Save

Step 2 - Obtaining Addresses (assuming the info is in WebSP)

In User Manager, click Batch User Create

At the bottom of the page, select your Group to export: "Worked in '09"

Click "Export"

*Note: If you attempt multiple events in the search field, ie. "CSA, M3 FM" it will narrow down your search to SPs who participated in BOTH. This can be a very useful and helpful tool; however, not in this particular case.

**Note: If an SP (Clint Eastwood) works across multiple events (ie. CSA, M3 FM) and you select Clint multiple time his name with be added only once.

No comments:

Post a Comment