Saturday, January 30, 2010

Emailing Support

Maximize efficiency - Use a standardized template when emailing Support

Today I emailed support. If you're like me, you enjoy the freedom and flexibility of an open, blank email when writing to support@lionis.net. The ample space allows room for explanation of issues, problems and questions that arise. However, I understand that blank, open emails may lose efficiency if they do not provide enough detail to support, causing many emails to be exchanged and increasing the time it takes for solving the problem.

In oder to make those open, blank emails to support as efficient as possible, but remain non-restrictive, I asked the Lionis support engineers what critical information they typically need to start looking into an issue. They provided me with following

details:
event:
case:
learner:
as accurate time as possible:
station computer/description as titled in WebSP (or ip address if possible):
operating system version (Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7; Mac OSX + version):
browser brand (Internet Explorer; Mozilla Firefox; Safari) and version:
Quicktime version (if applicable):


For example,
Hello Support (or Balazs, Fatime, Lionis Friends, Gang, Team, etc )
I'm missing a checklist and/or video. Below are the details. Please help. Thank you in advance.

Event: M3 Family Medicine Rotation
Case: Domestic Issues
Leaner: Smith, John
time: Session time was from 2:30pm-3:00pmEST (+/- 5mins on either side).
station : Exam Rm 4 Hallway station - IP 10.0.1.196.browser: Firefox vs. 3.6

No comments:

Post a Comment